Monday, November 16, 2015

YOU SISTERS NEED A RIDE? OOH YYEEAAHH!!


(Note from Mom.  Camille sent lots of pictures.  I will be posting them soon on this post.  In the first paragraph, Camille is talking about the Western North American Irish Dance Championships which she participated in numerous times.)



Needless to say, it was a great week.  
   
Do you ever have those moments when you are in bed, and all of the sudden you have a complete panic of a “recall number” overcome you because you realize that this week is the Oireachtas? Because I know I sure do. And I did this week! I guess old habits die hard. So to all those who are longing for orange legs, overpriced water bottles and warm sandwich meat, and to all of those who will be competing in this years' Western Regional Oireachtas, GOOD LUCK!!!! You Will be amazing Acadamh Rince!!! Remember to turn out your feet, smile, and enjoy every second of it. 
   
This week here in the big ole’ Michigan was CRAZY!!  It was also full of many, many, miracles. Everyone, I have no clue what I am doing. And the scariest thing is that I fear this realization may never go away for the rest of my life. WHAT AM I DOING? I don't know how to be a missionary? I've only been out here for 2 and a half transfers! So what happens when I am asked to train? I do things the only way I know how: laugh at all of the good things, and pray when things aren't looking too great.  Like President Hinckley said, "It will all work out in the end.  If it isn't working out, it isn't the end".  I can boldly and happily testify of the reality of that! There are some nights I am trying to accomplish so much that I am pushing for time just to change out of my skirt before 10:30. I am definitely being kept busy, which is the best thing that could have happened. 
  
There are many times I feel like I am running faster than I can run, which A) makes me feel like I should get a cute new runners jacket to celebrate  and B) realize the truth is, that this is God's work, and He won't let us fail if we are trying our best. I have been trying to find rides to and from places this week, and have been trying to find members to join us in lessons, and it is crazy. But miracles after miracles have happened. This was one of the best weeks of the mission. And as we were walking home from church, (which takes about an hour) a Sister in our ward-a police woman- says, "Sisters, you need a ride?" OOHHH YEEAHH WE DO!!! It was the hardest seat I've ever sat on. I hope to never be in the back of a cop car again, but I also really do because it was so fun. I guess if that is the extent of my rebellion, I'm doing alright. 

 Side note, I had some grape leaves this week, and I thought about you the whole time Momma. Love you! 

 Honestly, I have seen Heavenly Father's help more than ever before as I have had to rely on Him coming through to help make this work possible. I have also learned that being EXACTLY obedient is my “most favoritest” thing in the whole wide world. "Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles". 
  
Again, thank you to all who send me things including packages and letters. I love you all! I hope you have a great week, and know that I pray for you!!
  

Love you!!
 
Xoxo
Sister Ensign

1 comment:

  1. I glued my eye shut practicing putting on fake eyelashes last night. The good news is I wasn't allergic to it! Ha ha! (I thought you would appreciate that.) Keep going! :) Love, Keriann

    ReplyDelete