Monday, November 30, 2015

Happy Thanksgiving!

When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade. OR-go black Friday shopping with the entire Isabella county because IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!

Hello hello once again from the most pleasant of Places...Mt. Pleasant, where it can snow 6 inches and melt, all in the same day. 

We had a pretty crazy but good week this week!! There were a lot of people out of town because of the holiday, so we didn't teach too many lessons. We were able to see some of our top investigators, and things seem to being going really well. We ate dinner with Denise this week at her home, and she made grape leaves. THEY WERE SO GOOD! I thought all about you Momma, and I told her how much you would have loved them! We also have been teaching Gary, who should be getting baptized in the next few weeks! He doesn't have extra money, so we got him a few little things to decorate his apartment and warm it up a little. It's been really fun to have it finally be Christmas!

This week was also THANKSGIVING!! We had such a wonderful time spending it with AMAZING MEMBERS!! I love the people here, and have been so blessed to be around those who are so willing to sacrifice on our behalf. The Harrast family, in particular, have been so kind, and I ADORE THEM!!! We spend thanksgiving morning knocking on doors, and then we had the ENTIRE day to do whatever! So, we visited people, had a beautiful dinner, and then went Black Friday shopping to buy a few things to decorate our apartment. It is so cute with a huge red bow on our front door. We also were able to be in the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping at Walmart, which is basically one of the only stores in this town. And.. it was the only one open. So everyone was there. And I absolutely LOVED IT. 

We had trade offs this week, so I spend the night in Midland with Sister R. It was fun to do missionary work in a new town, but I also realized how much I love being here in Mt. Pleasant, and how much I truly want to do my best while I am still here. 

Sister W. is doing amazing things. She is so great at opening her mouth "at everyone opportunity to teach", and we have been led to so many people because of her service. She has such a desire to improve, and I am learning along side of her every single day. What a blessing she is :)

I studied gratitude this last week, and especially President Uchtdorf's talk : Grateful in any Circumstance. As I have thought about the last 4 months, I have truly learned how blessed I am, and how grateful I am for all of the things the Lord has blessed me with. No only do I have an incredible family that is stable, but they are also REALLY COOL people!! I love you all! I also have been blessed with incredible opportunities like dance and to serve a mission!!! Being a missionary is definitely tiring, but also a privilege to help not only others, but help myself become closer to Christ. 

Speaking of dance: Good luck Folk Dance Team in Christmas Around the World this weekend, and good luck Acadamh Rince in Festival of Trees. Whoever is gets to be Vixen is a lucky lady:) 

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week, and know that I love you! The book is blue and the church is true!

XOXO
Sister Ensign 

No comments:

Post a Comment