Monday, December 21, 2015

MERRY CHRISTMAS, SUZZIE, MY LITTLE GINGERSNAP!!

 
 (Note from Mom:  Camille has five layers of "down" jackets/coats with her.  In the picture below, I notice that she has at least two of them on. Her warm days must be coming to an end.)
 
 
Hello beautiful family and friends!! Tis the Season to be Jolly, because it's CHRISTMAS!!
"It's snowing! (WHAM!)" [(This is from Hook, one of the all-time best movies)].. and this happened this week. Haha! 
Ok, so you know how there is a commercial where this little kid is in bed, and he runs to his parents room because he is "too excited to sleep" because they are going to Disneyland? Yeah, well, this is me, right about now. I AM TOOO EXCITED TO SLEEP, BECAUSE IT'S CHRISTMAS!! 
How truly grateful I am for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I was reading in Luke this morning about His life, and something that has touched me recently is that Christ is the Prince of Peace. In the moments after his suffering in the garden, He then turned to heal the guard. As Christ literally just descended below all things, his attitude is one of peace. He isn't frustrated, or angry, or lashing out at other. He sees that someone else is hurting, and His peaceful attitude is to help someone else. I am evermore increasingly impressed with how AMAZING Christ is, and how much I want to be like Him! 
I know the Savior lives. I know it. How grateful I am to be one of His representatives, and to help others come unto Him. Yesterday for the third hour of Church, the primary put on a nativity. As I looked around the room, I realized how many people in this ward have gone out of their way to serve me. I looked around and saw so many people who have had me in their homes, and how real a WARD Family is. This Christmas will definitely be one to remember, as I will be away from my family. I am so grateful though, for those who have made me feel welcome here. I am beginning to recognize people by their voices, and am finding shortcuts to people's homes. My only worry is that because I feel like I kind of know what I'm doing, I will be leaving soon! 
I love my Savior, and I honestly love being on a mission. We visited the Alzheimer's facility again this week, and it was SO funny!! Haha!! I love fun people!!
 
I love you all!! Can't wait to talk on Christmas!! I'll talk to you in a few days!! Hopefully Santa comes!
Love ya!! Here is Sister Collins :)

Xoxo
Sister Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment