Monday, January 4, 2016

She said "Yes", and I bawled!


Now before you think of a proposal as your read the title of this e-mail, let's not get too carried away here. But, you should be equally as excited because this week was way beyond amazing! Why? BECAUSE SISTER W. SAID SHE LOVES BEING A MISSIONARY!!


Seriously, this is every trainer's dream: to have a happy trainee who loves serving the Lord. So when MY trainee said that, you better believe I cried! Oh, words cannot express the joy you feel when someone you love so much loves sharing the gospel with you. CAN I TELL YOU HOW HAPPY I AM JUST WRITING THAT MY TRAINEE LOVES BEING A MISSIONARY!??!?!?! 


This week was so good, even with some minor health challenges. Bronchitis kept me inside for a few days, but with some extremely sweet doctors, medicine, and some sleep, we will be back in business soon! After thinking about all of the blessings I have received in the last week concerning medicine, I have realized how blessed I have been to be serving in the United States. "And I'm proud to be an American!, where at least I know I'm free....and that I can get medicine and a warm shower when I'm not feeling 100%!"  How thankful I am to have been sent somewhere where I could get help right when I needed it!


Insert from Mom:  Sister Ensign has actually been much sicker than this letter expresses.  Her inability to breathe got so bad that she became frightened. She has been under the care of two doctors and has received breathing treatments, antibiotics and a steroid shot.  She was also told to stay in bed for several days.  She said “It has been hard to want to sleep, because I want to be out working.  However, I have been so out of it that I have had no choice.  I slept for almost two straight days."   



AAANNNDDDD for the weirdest thing I've eaten on my mission....DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!



A BUNNY! 



 I ate Thumper? You better believe I did. And it wasn't as hard to muzzle down as you might think. We ate with some members this week and they said, "We have been so excited to feed you! We are having the wild bunnies that have been burrowed in our garden all summer long". The meat wasn't as unique tasting as I thought it would be, but the idea that I was eating a bunny is a different story. The members are so sweet, and I will be forever grateful that I am in an area that tries to help the missionaries. But I will forever watch Bambi with a different perspective on Thumper.



I also received a blessing this week, and I see how AMAZING the priesthood is! How blessed are we to have the Power of God here on Earth, to help us in all times. The message of the Restoration truly is a message of God's love for us, and He has a beautiful plan for us all to return to live with Him. We, as members of the church, aren't earning Heaven, we are learning heaven, and what we need to do to feel comfortable in His presence again. I know that as we live in harmony with the teachings of Christ, we will be able to find happiness in this life and joy in the next. I, too, LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!



All is well in Zion over here. Thank you for all of the prayers on my behalf and for my investigators. This week we have decided to drop quite a few people who we feel aren't quite ready. And as a result, we met some INCREDIBLE people. I heard that "If Satan can't get you to be disobedient; he will try to get you to use your time poorly". With that in mind, we have made same changes and are already seeing the blessings.



I love you all! Thanks for all that you do! Happy New Year! 



XOXO



Sister Ensign 

 
5 Months


Only a few coats

Shepherds watching over their field

No comments:

Post a Comment