Monday, September 28, 2015

EITHER IT'S TRUE OR IT ISN'T


Hello again!! Happy Birthday Taylor and Michelle!! I hope you both have amazing birthdays and know how much I love you!!!

This has been a crazy week! Our new Sister arrived! Her name is Sister R. from Jacksonville Florida! She has been called to the Melbourne Australia Mission, Mandarin (Spelling?) speaking. It is so crazy! This week has definitely been a challenge trying to figure out my role as a training trainer, but it has definitely been a learning experience! Sister R. is so sweet and I love her positive attitude. I think she is a huge blessing and I am excited for the opportunity to be able to learn alongside of her.

We went to Lansing this week and met with the Mission President as we were preparing to start the training process. It was SO weird being in a room full of trainers-and then me, a baby trainer. So I am trying to learn everything I can as quickly as I can to quicken up the time of me being a beginner. I once heard that it takes 30,000 mistakes to become a champion, so I am trying to make those 30,000 mistakes ASAP to be a champ:) Like the Irish Dance World Champion Brogan McCay once said after being told that she could not dance with her broken foot, "I can, I can-watch me" :)


We had some good lessons and some great lessons. I am slowly but surely improving in my door approach and in introducing myself to people. While we were talking with a man this week, he turned to me and said, "You're not from Michigan, are you?" When I told him "no", he said, "I can tell by the way you pronounce your words-by your accent". I have been told so many times that I have an accent! It cracks me up! Maybe I should speak in a British accent and really throw them for a loop...

I was reading in D&C this week and came across the name John Murdock in 52:8. It also says Detroit! (This may be a "duh" question, but how am I related to him? And what is the significance with Detroit in our family history? Is there any that we are aware of?)

This week, I also had a serious "DUH CAMILLE" moment. I was reading my name tag and the thought came to me, "Wow, this really is a bold claim that MY church is the EXACT one that Christ established while He was here on earth". Then I realized that this is exactly what I have been telling people on their door step for the last 8 weeks. But it’s crazy how bold of a statement that really is. I was teaching a man last night and said, "You know, this could all be false. I could be making a fool of myself trying to tell you to read some scripture that is made up. I could be wasting my time and yours, as I attempt to convert you to something false.

I am constantly told how silly am I, how I can't really know this for myself, and that this church is not all that is claims to be. I am away from my family, school, and dance. I am putting scholarships and "normal" life on hold for 18 months. And it could all be done in vain. OR, it's all true: The Book of Mormon, the Prophet Joseph Smith, everything.  It could all be real, all be possible, and you could know it FOR YOURSELF if you simply got on your knees and asked God Himself who knows the truth of all things." It was such a neat experience. He initially said he didn't want to pray, and then after explaining that God loves him, and that he can't mess up a prayer, he said an AMAZING prayer. It was such a great night.
The funniest moment of the week? Definitely trying to explain the Law of Chastity... to a man.... without me LAUGHING!! WHY AM I SUCH A 3RD GRADE BOY!!?!?! I am seriously the most awkward person I know, and I just laugh my face off when I don't know what to say. Oh please send the prayers my way to help me to NOT LAUGH because it is seriously the most awkward situation ever!! Ha-ha  It makes me laugh just thinking about it!
 This week was full of changes, and I am unfortunately learning the truth that the only constant thing is change. I am praying harder than I ever have, and am praying to love the work!!
Thank you to all who send letters and prayers. It means the world to me. I watched the women's conference at the church, and it was an amazing meeting, but honestly quite hard to be away from home. It was weird how hard it was to see the conference center and see HOME! But I also looked around the room full of women from the ward who have been nothing but sweet and loving to me, and I have again realized how blessed I am. Thank you to all who have made me feel so loved.
 Have a fabulous week!! Love you all!!
Xoxo
Sister Ensign




No comments:

Post a Comment