Monday, September 21, 2015

THE DYNAMIC DUO BECOMES A TRIO.


Preface from Camille’s Mom.  Last Saturday Camille’s parents received a congratulations letter from her mission president, telling us that Camille had been called to be a trainer.  Apparently she had not heard anything about it, so she has explained the situation in her letter.
Hello once again! What a week it has been! We unfortunately had a lot of appointments cancel on us, but met some AMAZING people!! Even in some of the hardest times, God will allow JUST enough good to help you make it through the day.
Just to make things clear...I'm NOT a trainer..fully...yet. Ha!  We got our transfer calls this week.   Sister Morrison and I are going to be in a trio!  There are so many Sisters coming out this week, and so few going home, that President is having most sisters be in a trio. Then, in December when a lot of sisters go home, the numbers will even back out again and no areas will need to be opened. Our Sister is actually a Visa-waiter as she has been called to serve in Australia. (Not sure which mission yet, but I'll let you know ASAP daddy!) Because she is waiting on a visa, she may not actually even make it here before her visa comes. We are planning on her staying for the full 6 weeks, though she may leave earlier than that. So, in a sense, I will be training her as Sister Morrison and I will both be training her, but I am also still being trained.  If she is here longer than 6 weeks, I will become the main trainer as Sister Morrison will be heading home. So it's all kind of up in the air! A little confusing? Definitely. But whatever floats President's boat, I guess!
Congratulations to those who have received their mission calls this last week! I am so excited for all of you! It is a wonderful opportunity to learn and become more like the Savior.
This week was good!  President Anderson from the 70 came and he spoke with us on Tuesday.  I honestly learned how grateful I am to be from SLC and to have had the opportunities I have had.  It was a great conference and fun to see so many people from the mission office. President and Sister Jacobsen were both nice and it was really good for me to see them again. We are going to the church for transfers today and are going to Lansing to pick up our new companion, so I am meeting a lot of missionaries from all over the mission.
This week also marks the annual Skydiving event---more like, "I went skydiving this time last year and I really want to go again!" so I decided that that needs to become a thing:)
THANK YOU!!!! To all of those who sent a package or letter. They make my DAY!! It is literally the happiest thing. So thank you to all of those who helped make my week brighter. I appreciate it more than you know!
An old man thought I was breaking into his home and had a bit of a freak out this week. Yeah, that was a good time! So I ran this gentleman's doorbell, and when he didn't come, I opened his screen door to knock on his front door. He had a bit of a panic attack. I laughed hard afterwards, but we had to reassure him that we were not breaking and entering. Haha!
Taylor, yesterday morning I was talking with my companion while we were listening to music.  I wasn't really paying attention, until I heard “Pirates” (Disneyland Ride) start to play. I laughed SO hard! Thank you for that fun surprise!  (Note from Mom:  Camille’s brother, Taylor, put together Hymns and other appropriate music for Camille to listen to.  She took the music with her, with the comment from Taylor that he had put a "little something" in there for her.)
This week we met a woman who told us she has repeatedly been to prison. Then we talked to her more about how God can bless her life, and she told us how the bible and God are the only things that have helped her, and how she wants to get baptized. Sweet! Sometimes, when I am walking down the street, I realize that I would NEVER even drive in some of these neighborhoods if I wasn't a missionary. But I guess when I slap on a nametag, pull on a skirt, and have the protection of God; I am walking into some of the most potentially dangerous-yet more spiritual experiences I've ever had. Of course there are some areas that we wouldn't DARE go in, and there are lots of streets we don't walk down, but I am living in a whole new world here. What an experience!
We also met a woman who is among the coolest people I've ever met! Her name is Rose Trains and she is a famous metal sculptor. She is Jewish, and we were in her home last night for quite some time as she showed us her sculptures! It was actually way fun!  She has a SUPER witty personality, so it was so fun.  To top it off, she is 87, and how I pray I can act and look like her at 87!
Overall, it was a great week. Thank you again to all of those who have written me and who have kept me updated! I am grateful for this chance to be a missionary and I am learning TONS about myself.
Thanks again! Love you all!!
Xoxo
Sister Ensign


 

No comments:

Post a Comment