Monday, January 18, 2016

A Special Thanks

Aloha and a hooe-ho -Elder Mafile'O

Note from Mom:  Camille will be able to leave her mission and travel to the Detroit Temple on Thursday.  She will be in the 12:00 session.  That is the 10:00 session, Utah time.  Her mom is planning on being in the Draper temple with her. I am so exited. 

Hello beautiful family and friends! I hope you are all having a wonderful day and are enjoying this balmy 8 degrees as much as I am! In the moments when I think I am going to have a limb fall off, I think, "Hey, at least no germs!" Ha! A couple times this week, my mascara dripped off my face. Why? Because it has been so cold outside that the heat from my breath has melted my mascara. Though it is pretty frustrating to have my make up literally melt off in the freezing cold, it's been pretty funny!
 
I also want to thank all of those who have shown their support to me while out on a mission thus far. This mission experience has been life changing, and I am so grateful for all of those who have send their love and encouragement. I will be forever grateful. Thank you again! I am so blessed to have a wonderful life full of family and friends. I am honestly trying the best I can to make my Father in Heaven proud, and to help bring others closer to Him through the Restored gospel. Thank you to those who have helped me to help others.

This week was so funny and so good I don't even know where to begin! We taught some fun lessons and were able to be lead by the Spirit on many occasions. We met some great people and had a really fun time. We fell on the ice multiple times, and laughed the whole way down. I am so happy here--which must mean it's time for a transfer call. Transfer calls are on Friday, and I am excited and nervous all at the same time! Mt. Pleasant has become a home, and I will always look at these streets with some pretty funny memories. 

We also had the chance to teach a boy from China. His english isn't that great, and it was really hard to simplify things to make sense. Overall, I have  learned how grateful I am to be teaching the gospel in my own language so that I can testify without any complications. We later found a Chinese book of Mormon, and we are smooth sailing now. :) 

This week we also met a girl whose eyes lit up when we told her about a Heavenly Father who loves her. She said this was something she has always hoped for, and her eyes came alive when we testified about God's plan for her, and that He is always looking out for her. It was such a neat experience! 

Well, I know so many other miracles happened, but overall, it was just great! Again, thank for all those who have been so supportive! I love you all! Have a great week!

Xoxo
Sister Ensign 

No comments:

Post a Comment