Monday, January 11, 2016

I'm BLESSED He called me on a mission!!!


Dear family and anyone else who actually reads this, :)

Today, I pretty much just want to tell you how AWESOME a mission is. So for those who are planning on going, thinking about going, or who aren't sure if they should go or not; here are some words from a girl who NEVER wanted to go---only to see that the instructions to go from her patriarchal blessing changed her life.

Missionaries are: A) those who leave their families for a little while so others can be with their families for eternity B) awkwardly young children running around random cities all over the world attempting to share a message to help others C) awkward. 

Yes, a missionary is all of the above. And yes, I AM SO TERRIBLY AWKWARD I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT MYSELF!! HAHA!!! It is so fun to talk to people. Ah man, I love this. 
And Yes, a missionary is someone who is striving daily to see God and Jesus Christ help them and others. 

I have been on a mission for nearly 6 months, and it's crazy to think about how quickly time flies. People, being a missionary can be such a mental game. But when you see that Christ will always outweigh the difficult times, the power of a mission becomes real. It's also amazing to see how quickly the Lord can change hearts through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I, like I said, NEVER wanted to go. But I can see that I NEVER could have NOT gone on a mission, as I am able to see Heavenly Father answer specific prayers each day.

This week was great, even though we dropped some of my favorite people. The quote of the week has been "If Satan can't get you to be disobedient, he'll try to get you to waste your time". With that in mind, we had quite a few drop lessons. I was sad to say goodbye to people, and it was quite hard to tell a family last night, "It breaks my heart for you to tell me that you know this family cannot be eternal--but you aren't willing to do anything right now to change that. We as members of the church are not trying to earn heaven, we are trying to learn it. For your family to be together always, you have to learn to do things His way.  And I can't tell you how devastating it is to know you won't even try."

We had planned on teaching this family on the Holy Ghost, so, as it became a "drop-lesson" it was completely guided by the Spirit. As such, it was a miracle to see how the Lord, Christ, and Holy Ghost can help two Sister missionaries testify of the blessing and reality of being sealed in a temple together forever as a family.  I've always known that, but THAT IS SO COOL! I can be with my favorite people FOREVER! Never before had I heard someone tell me that they didn't want that. So when they did, I learned how grateful I am not not only know of this, but to have my family sealed. 

I also read my Momma's patriarchal  blessing this week. For all who are reading this, can I just tell you a) how cool my mom is and b) how cool the priesthood is!? AH I LOVE BOTH! My Mom is an angel, and I don't know what I could have done right to have been sent to her tender loving care. And how blessed I am for my Daddy who holds the priesthood, and who has the authority and the right to run a righteous family. Mom and Dad, you are my hero's. Thank you for being so amazing and for loving me. 

So, to those who are reading this, I would like to address an idea Ammon shares in Alma 26:16 "Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel". I LOVE MY MISSION!!! I never thought I would be here, but I cannot thank my Heavenly Father enough for sending me here. Missions truly do change lives because they are centered around the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I testify that Jesus Christ lives, and loves you. I know He is there. And I know He will help you, because He has sure helped me. 

I truly am so happy here, and am blessed to be a missionary. :)

XOXO

Sister Ensign

The District


Posterity

No comments:

Post a Comment