Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Another Ensign to this Nation..Ya'll

I truly don't know if there has ever been anyone on the face of the planet more excited about a mission call than I was when Huntie Baby received his. 

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY GGGGGGOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
 NNNNNNAAAAAAAAAASSSSSHHHHHHVVVVIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!
Pre-story to Hunt's call:
I have been talking to EVERYONE, I mean EVERYONE, about Hunter's call. The branch knows, my mission president knows, and most of my investigators know. Seriously, it's the talk of this town. Everyone made their guess, and it seems like the state of Michigan was in as much anticipation for his call as he probably was. 
  
 I was in the library this week when I saw the video posted on facebook. Before I clicked on the video, I prayed that Hunter would feel that this was exactly where he was supposed to go. (Honestly, I was quite nervous to hear!!!) When he read Tennessee Nashville, I threw a HUGE first in the air and said " OH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" AHHHHHHHHHH I CAN'T EVEN TYPE THIS WITHOUT FEELING SO PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I then began to sob, right there in the middle of the quiet library. People were looking over at me, and I think my crying caught me off guard as much as it did anyone else. Nashville has no idea how blessed they are to receive one of the best missionaries this world has ever known. Hunt could have gone anywhere, and the lucky people in Nashville Tennessee are those who will be able to hear the gospel from him. I called just about everyone to tell them the good news. Huntie, I am more than THRILLED for you. And I can't wait to hear about your prep! AHHHHHHH!! It's PERFECT!!!! Nashville baby!!!! Here my Huntie Baby comes!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

 Knowing that Hunt is a few states below me has even increased my love for my mission. I love serving in the United States, and I can't wait for Hunter to meet people similar to those I am meeting. I know he already knows that missions change lives, so I add my testimony to those who have already said that this is one of the greatest things you will ever do in your life. I can't wait for you Hunt!!! AH YEAH!!!! YES!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!!! And the end of July? What a great time to go!!! It's crazy to think that people are being call at my YEAR mark. What the? Those weeks at the MTC have the most English speakers of the whole year. So hunt will be surrounded by everyone speaking his same language going throughout different parts of the USA/World. YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!

This week was great, and it really was made so much better when I heard about Hunt's call. I was in Traverse City on Monday and Tuesday, and saw the Lord bless us and he led us to people who are prepared. I am learning how cool it is to be a missionary! On Wednesday, we had a conference in Midland (a few hours away) with a few of the Zones. We talked about promising people blessings. I have learned that when missionaries promise blessings, it shows that the missionary has enough faith in Jesus Christ that He will answer the call of His representative and will perform the blessing on the recipient. I took this to heart, and have been promising people some amazing things (all prompt of the spirit) and have seen Christ help me so much! I promised this woman that if she would listen to the message of the restoration and the Book of Mormon, she would be able to have a better job to financially support her kids. The coolest thing is that I have no idea what her financial situation is, but she started to cry right there. It was awesome! I promised another gut that he would be healed physically of his epilepsy if he would read the while Book of Mormon, come to church faithfully and pray. He said, "That is exactly what I need! I'm in". Woah!! I know there were so many other things that happened that were miracles. I spend the day on Thursday in Cadillac, and we saw other miracles as we were led to people that we had pre-set to find! Cool! I promised various Sisters that we would teach lessons, and we did!! Now that my mission is coming close to it's half way point (crazy huh?) I finally feel like I have gotten the spark of missionary work. I love it here, and I love serving the Lord!! 

 I testify that Jesus is the Christ, the Living Son of God. He knows you, loves you, and has a plan for you. I testify that the Book of Mormon leads us to Him, and to happiness if we'll allow it to. 

Have a wonderful week!!!!

Sister Ensign 

No comments:

Post a Comment