Monday, April 4, 2016

Easter And Saturday Conference


*Note from Mom - Because Camille wrote on Sunday, I was able to exchange some emails with her before Conference started. I will include some of the things she told me by putting an "*" in front of those parts.

Hello Family and Friends!!

I am writing this morning (Sunday) because I'll be traveling for a bit the next couple days, and won't have time later. What a better way to spend the morning before Conference than writing some of the greatest people-YOU! *"As I watched conference, I knew the parts where Mom cried. I also knew that Dad would count on his hands how many of the 70 were released and sustained. I don't know when you will see Elder Christofferson again, but when you can, will you tell him how excited I am to see him? He brings a sense of familiarity and home, and I am so excited to hear what the Lord has inspired hi to say today. I know that there are millions of Saints around the world who are looking forward to hearing him today, so I am blessed to be among those who support and love him. Please tell him "Thank You" for me. We are in the middle of a blizzard. It's fun to see SLC all warm and beautiful!!! ENJOY THE SUNSHINE!!!!"


This week was Easter, and though I wrote on it last week, I wanted to remind everyone how amazing Easter is. Christ lives, and because He lives, we will too! * I have found that one of the most frustrating things in this life is agency. I didn't realize how much Heavenly Father loved and respected the Law of Agency, until I came to the realization that it is the thing He allowed to stand firm-causing Him to lose a third of His children. How painful that must have been for Him! But, He wanted us to be free, to be able to choose - He wanted that for us more than anything. We can't make people listen to the promptings of the Spirit! It can be frustrating."


This week flew by, and it's crazy how quickly time is going! How can it already be April? Next month is Mother's Day? Crazy! This last Monday we taught FHE to some of the cutest foster kids that I just adore. We also helped again with the Catholic food pantry. Those are some of the funniest people I've ever met! They all pick on each other and it's so fun to be there! We also drove to St. Ignas this week. It is so fun to be serving up North!! Sister Smith and I are the only Sisters currently in the mission that have served up here, so it's quiet an honor. Driving on the bridge was fun again, and it was so cool to see Lake Huron again! Maybe I'll see all of them before I go home?


We had some meetings this week, and a highlight was being able to see President John Hoover. The light radiates off of that man, and I wish I could be more like him! I don't know what the Lord wants me to accomplish while up here, but I do know that a major reason was so that I could meet President Hoover.


Some highlights were lessons with Mary and Jerry this week. Mary is one to use as few words as possible when it comes to answering questions (but when she's really talking, she REALLY talks!) This week, she said, "Wow, I just felt that warmth through my whole body. It feels so good!" It's great that she is feeling the Spirit testify to her that this is all true. We are working on a temple trip, so hopefully we'll get to go in the next month!


Our lesson with Jerry went extremely well! It was a "DTR" (define the relationship) lesson, making sure that he is meeting us for the right reasons. We talked about the Word of Wisdom, and as he has some problems with it, he is trying to figure out if this is something he really wants. The Spirit led the lesson, and it was a huge blessing.


It was also conference this week!!! I can't wait to watch it again today!! Lacsey and Mary should be coming this morning, so it will be extremely exciting! I thought some of the themes were: Be humble/look out for others and Music is the prayer of the soul.


I hope you all have a wonderful week, and thank you for all that you do!!


Enjoy another great day of General Conference! I know these men are called of God, and the Spirit will testify the same thing as you open your ears and heart to listen to their words.


XOXO Sister Ensign

No comments:

Post a Comment