Monday, February 22, 2016

HE ANSWERS PRAYERS!




"Hey Valentine, to me-you doth not stink" ---I laughed way too hard when I read that during Valentine's day. Oh Mormons, haha.  This week was warm, which was more than gladly accepted as we were outside finding for the majority of it. It was up to the 40s!!! Oh it was so warm I could have cried.

 We had dinner with some of the funniest members this week. The K’s are an elderly couple who made it big in their earlier days, lived the life of the rich, thent decided  they wanted to live on a farm in the middle of nowhere and make maple syrup for fun. Hahah!! They are so fun! Brother K is way into hunting, so he showed us his double vaulted gun room-which has every gun you can think of.  It was an elders dream.  Overall, I love this place. These people make me so happy!

 We had a few great lessons with Mary this week!  She is getting baptized a week from Saturday, and we are so excited for her. The branch president announced it in Sacrament Meeting yesterday, and she turned bright red from the attention. She's so fun. We taught her about baptisms for the dead, and are hoping to go with her in the near future. Tomorrow we are having a family history lesson with her and are going to find some names she can take! We are hoping to surprise her with some scriptures, but she keeps insisting on buying some soon. Does anyone have ideas of how to distract her for the next week and a half? Oh how I love Miss Mary.

 We had interviews on Wednesday. It was great to see President and Sister Jacobsen, and it was great to see other missionaries. It made me grateful for the time I have spent with some of the world's greatest companions, and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve Him. President said he will do all he can to get me home in time for school! Thank goodness I have a while before I begin figuring that all out again! I love Petoskey.

 We have been teaching a man who is in Rehab, and we aren't quite sure of his intentions in meeting with us. But, some of our lessons with him went really well this week, and he said that he keeps praying to know if this is true. I hope he'll stick with it, because it will change his life like nothing else can. 

OHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Awkward moment of the week?!?! HAHHAHA!!!!! Ok, so for some reason, we have met so many naked men this week. (Which isn't all that uncommon, but it has been an uncommon amount in the duration of a week). We met an older naked gentleman who came to the door with a blanket around himself. I started to begin laughing when he said, "Sorry, I wasn't expecting anyone today"...WHAT!?! Is that a thing if you're alone!?! HAHA!!! TTHHHEEENNN he started showing us a scar on his leg from a car accident, and I lost it when the blanket began to slip. I started SOBBING I WAS LAUGHING SO HARD!!!!!! I had to turn around so he couldn't see me laugh. He said "Why are you laughing?" and I couldn't respond. Sister Smith was a champion as she spoke the rest of the door because I had completely lost my marbles "Yeah, he lost 'em good!" (Hook reference :)) . Anyway, I couldn't stop laughing the rest of the day!

 We saw so many miracles this week, including some of the kindest people who were placed in our path exactly when we needed them. I know Heavenly father looks out for His missionaries, because prayers were answered right when we needed them. This week brought its fair amount of challenges, but I'm grateful to know that He is always there to help us. I know He lives. Have you watched the Bible Videos on LDS.org? They're actually extremely good! Will you go watch at least one of them today? They have helped me understand the Bible, and the life of the Savior greatly, and I know they'll do the same for you!
 
Have a great week and know you are loved and are being prayed for! The church is so, so true, I know it.


XOXO

Sister Ensign :)





No comments:

Post a Comment