Monday, February 29, 2016

The Sun'll come out ....maybe tomorrow...or next month.

Hello family and friends alike!

I hope you are doing well and are staying warm, wherever that may be. If it is under multiple layers of thermals and wool socks, I hope the prophecy of an early Spring from Mister Ground Hog is keeping you as warm as it is keeping me. :)

Side note, I know there are many favorite Holidays, especially those celebrating the Birth and Resurrection of our Lord and Savior. Is anyone, however, as excited that ST. PATRICK'S DAY IS COMING AS I AM!?!?!? AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy St. Patrick's Day to all you Lads and Lassies out there and I hope the luck of the Irish will be shining down on you this St. Patties. (Mom sent her a huge box of St. Patrick's Day decorations and things and she was most excited!) 

This week was so great, and one of the most tiring I've had. We pretty much door knocked all week long, and so I was beyond grateful for warmer weather in the 30's. With lots of door knocking comes a lot of potential investigators!!! It was great!! We had one woman who we later called that said, "I've been searching for a church. I feel like God sent you to me. I've done some research, and what I am looking for is a church that will help bring me closer to Christ, bring me happiness, and allow me to help others"....hi. ok. That conversation NEVER happens!! I have been praying and fasting to find a family to teach, to baptize and to take to the temple, all month long.  Brenda may just be the answer to that prayer!  It was so exciting!!
 
We had trade offs this week, and I was with Sister T.  She has been out for 5 weeks, and it was so fun to be with her.  I love brand new missionaries!  They are so in tune with the Spirit, and have to rely on it.  To all those who are worried about not knowing what to say when you first come out into the field- YOU ARE SO GREAT!!!  You are doing a better job than you think you are.  Sister T. is from Tonga (possibly our only foreign missionary) and she and I had so much fun together!  I adore her!
 
We saw quiet a few less actives and some investigators this week. The most exciting? M.!!! She had her baptismal interview this week, and she'll be baptized on Saturday!! We are so excited for her, and know she will be so blessed for joining. Satan is really attacking her family right now, trying to distract her, but she has remained faithful, and she's ready to go. I love M. S.  She calls me "Crazy" and I think it is the funniest thing every time. I always tell her how much I love her, and for the first time after church yesterday she said, "You know, saying 'I love you' is a hard thing for me. I was never taught that growing up'". To which I said "Well honey, we're going to have to change that pronto". Last night, we called her for some info for her program for Saturday, and she said, "OK, I love you too.."!!!!!!!!! WAHOO!!!!! I freaked out!! I said "I knew we would wear off on you!!!" It was so fun!  I love her!!
 
Overall, it was a great week.  The Lord is blessing us in our efforts to be exactly obedient.  My patriarchal blessing talks about the blessings that will come when I strive for exact obedience, and I already can see the blessings of it.  How did the Bible video watching go?  The actor who portrays Christ is AMAZING!!  My favorite part is when He says, "And I lay down my life for the sheep".  So good! Will you read 2 Nephi 31  in honor of M.'s baptism this week?
 
Have a great week! You are loved! The church is true! :)

Xoxo
Sister Ensign 

Also, thank you for the letters this week!! They are so appreciated!! Thank you!!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment