Monday, February 15, 2016

This is all for You




Hello family and friends, yet again from Petoskey Michigan!

  I hope you all stayed warm this Valentine's Day season and enjoyed some good ol' fun dip (nothing says I love you like a blue powdered white sugar stick).

Yes, it is cold, but thankfully I have enough gear to withstand it. I've got: the long sleeve thermal shirt, my shirt, two sweaters, and 3-4 coats. Then I add a couple of layers of leggings. I also wear a couple of pair of wool socks and have hand warmers. Then, my fleece headband, my white hat, and two hoods over that. Then my thick scarf and gloves and I'm good to go!  It’s weird feeling the wind push me, but not be able to feel most of it. I had another tragedy this week as my breath melted off my mascara in the freezing weather. Needless to say, we made a quick trip to Walgreens for some waterproof mascara. We're back in business baby. I hope my pictures are as flattering as I am feeling when I am out....ha! There was one moment that I was so cold, that I looked down at the picture of Christ on my planner, and held it in my glove covered-frozen hand, and said, "This is all for You. I'm trying my best. Please, please help me do this well". It was still freezing, people still said "No", but I felt better about the whole situation.

This week was fun as we traveled down to Lansing to have a Mission Leadership Council. The trip is about 12 hours round trip for me as we have to stay with a couple of other sisters for a few nights to get down there. I personally don't know if we are worth it to be there, but it was sure fun! We talked to President and Sister Jacobsen, and had training on how to better help the missionaries in our Zones. I am one of 10 Sister Training Leaders, and love being able to talk with so many missionaries. We stayed in Traverse City for a night, and then drove to Lansing and stayed with them for a night. It was pretty tiring, but way fun. 


This week, we doorknocked on a woman's door who let us in. We gave a brief introduction to the Plan of Salvation. Her 6 year old son is named Baxton, and since he reminds me of Paxton, we're pretty good friends. We will be teaching her tomorrow! I promised her that if she would say her prayers, diligently study the Book of Mormon, and come to church, she would be able to find a job that will allow her to be with her son during the day. I hope's she puts forth the effort!

We also met a homeless man who is in rehab and taught him a couple times. He is agnostic (has some belief in a higher power) and has been understandingly open to the idea of hope and love of God. I promised him that if he would diligently study the book of Mormon, say his prayers, and come to church; he would be able to find housing in Petoskey-allowing him to be baptized in March. We'll see what happens, but it was a cool experience.

I gave a talk yesterday on the pure love of Christ- so, of course, I talked about my momma again. Love you Mommie!

We have met with Mary a few times this week, and were able to have her daughter Christina as an investigator last night. Mary is doing really well, and came to the Valentine's Day enrichment on Saturday. She AND Christina and some of Christina's daughter's came, and it was so much fun. We are starting to plan her baptism, and she said she feels really excited, but also nervous. I'll send a picture of us on her baptismal day if she'll let me take a picture. She is quiet sassy and told me this week that I am a "goof ball".  I said to her, "I think you may be understanding me" and she laughed so hard. Ha! Oh Mary. We have a few more lessons with her, then a few reviews, and she'll be good to go! 

I also have been challenged to be more bold, which I have been trying to do for the last few weeks. It crazy how many people get defensive when I testify of the reality of God and Jesus Christ. But it helps me know who is prepared and willing to come into the fold. 

Overall, it was a great week. Thank you for all of the letters and the packages. I love you all! Have a great week!! Also, will you read Alma 32 this week? Plant the seed #itwillgrow :)


Love ya!!

Xoxo

Sister Ensign 

The picture just kind of sums up the weather this week...ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment