Monday, March 28, 2016

He is not here; for He is Risen



He lives. I am so grateful to have been taught this. The above link shows a video that is quiet powerful. Please watch it!!

John 20:15-17
"15... Woman, why weepest thou? whom seekest thou? She, supposing him to be the gardener, saith unto him, Sir, if thou have borne him hence, tell me where thou hast laid him, and I will take him away. 16 Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master. 17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."

Can you imagine what it would be like to be there when Christ was on the Earth? Who would you be? Maybe you would be someone like the late Peter, dedicated to the truth until the end. Maybe you would be among the lucky few that caught a glimpse of His miracles. Maybe you would have been there on Calvary, a relative to one of the thieves mourning the loss of a loved one. Maybe you would have been a person at a nearby market with the blessing of hearing the Savior's sermons on the other side of your tent. Maybe you would have been a young kid, or maybe someone hard of hearing that was healed. Maybe you would have been one confused and misinformed among the masses as He was condemned before Pilate (This idea was from sacrament yesterday)
No matter what kind of person we would have been, how blessed are we to know of Him, and that He lives! I am grateful for the good people in my life and the examples of countless saints who show the love of Christ through their service.

The Woman's Broadcast this week was focused on serving others, and I love the large reminder to focus and help those around us. I read the talk "The Priesthood Man" by President Eyring this morning, and it was exactly what I needed! It talks about praying for opportunities to serve others, to serve quickly, and then to quickly pray for another person to serve once the act is done. How I admire the Savior's constant desire to help those around Him. I have LOVED this Easter season, and am sad to think it is already over! Being a missionary on Easter is unique and something I will never forget. I was with other families as they shared their testimonies of the Savior, and how the Savior has helped them. It was SO GREAT! I didn't think I would be in this position a year and a half ago, but it has been a blessing that has literally changed my life. 

For Easter, we had dinner with the Jones and the Ellsworths: some of the greatest people in the branch. We had an ACTUAL EASTER DINNER!!! It's weird to think I didn't know these people a few weeks ago, and how much it felt like I was "Home" being in their apartment yesterday. It was a conformation to me that this church HAS to be true, as these strangers show me the pure love of Christ. I am so blessed. 

This week was full of: miracles, Michigan people, sun, and snow. 
Spring? Haha. Maybe next year! We were going to have trade-off's this week, but had to cancel due to the BUCKETS of snow! Then is rains? Then sun? It's so weird! But on the plus side, I can wear all seasons of outfits in one week:) 

One of the biggest blessings was with one of our investigators Jerry. He has had a pretty rough background, and has struggled with finances. He expressed to us on Thursday that He feels like God isn't answering his prayers, and that He is alone in the world. After many prayers in our behalf, and after sharing testimony of Christ's reality, Jerry got a job THAT AFTERNOON!!! IT WAS SO EXCITING!!! Also, Lacey came to church for the first time yesterday, and that girl is going to change lives. Even though it was her FIRST time at church, she was passing notes to a woman who was clearly struggling at church yesterday to comfort her. WHO DOES THAT!?! What a great example of Christ ALREADY! 

Another cool thing was that we were able to work at a Catholic food bank this week. It was so fun to be with a bunch of strangers that turned into friends as we worked together to help others. Another great thing about Petoskey is that most people here are retired and pretty well off considering they live right here on the shore. There seems to be the extremes as far as wealth goes. So it's fun to work with retired trying to do their part. Ah, it was so fun!

Overall, the work is going well! I feel like this letter is scattered all over the place. And if that is true, SO SORRY!!! Here is literally the only joke I know in payment for the confusing letter: Why were the Lamanites knees sore? Because of the Nephites! HA! 

Have a great week! I know the Lord lives, and am beyond blessed to serve Him. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Xoxo
Sister Ensign 
Happy Easter
Searching for Summer
Ta-Da...Spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment