Wednesday, August 24, 2016

And Transfer Calls are In....


Hello dear family! I hope you are all doing well! 

This week was super busy but also super great. I can't believe it is already P-Day again! 

On Monday we visited less actives that I have never met before, and it was fun to see people whose names I have seen on a list for months.

Wednesday was super crazy because we had district meeting up in Cheboygan. We visited 4 less actives and were running from appointment to appointment. 

One of the coolest things that happened this week was that Sister Mathis and I were talking about miracles and we told AMAZING stories that we have heard missionaries have. I know that there are miracles around me each day, but we wanted to have something awesome happen. I was reading in 3 Nephi 1 about how people were shown signs as a result of their faith. Sister Mathis and I tried our best to be as diligent as we could to show our faith. As we were talking about how we could improve, a woman named Jessica called us and said, "Hi, I don't know if you are the right people to talk to, but I have a lot of Mormon friends and I want to come to your church. I'm not a member yet, but I may want to be". Sweet! I don't know what I was expecting to have happen, but I was really excited!!

We also got our transfer calls this week. I will be headed down to Traverse City to open the area-as well as train-as well as still being a Sister Training leader. Sister Mathis will be staying here in Petoskey to also train. We will kind of still work together as we are the STL's up in the Traverse City Zone, but we will also train. We will still go on trade offs (meaning I'll get to come back to Petoskey!!!!!) and we'll meet in Cadillac sometime in the transfer. I am sad to be leaving the Petoksey area and branch, but I am THRILLED to be staying up North!! I will still be in the District, and will get to see people like Jessica every now and then! I am PUMPED!!! I don't have my address yet because I won't be in the apartment until Thursday after I have picked up my new sister and we'll walk in it for our first time together. I think I am the most thrilled to train because I will be training while Hunt is in training and I hope training goes well for him!! 

We spent this morning in Cheboygan at the baptism of two 18 year old girls being baptized. It was so fun to watch them, and I loved being able to help them get ready!

Thank you for the BOM study guide! I LOVE IT!!! I am also so grateful for those who sent cards this last week (especially the cards from San Francisco)! The best way to be reached for the next week or so will be the mission office.

I'll know my Traverse City address later! It is a brand new apartment and I'm so excited to see what the Lord has in store for my new baby and me! 

I am doing so well, and can't believe how quickly a year has gone by. Best of luck on your talk tomorrow Huntie! I love you to death and can't wait to hear how it goes. Will you send me a copy of your talk? I meet so many people with connections to Nashville! 

Have a great week! I know the Savior lives. I love Him. 

XOXO
Sister Ensign 

No comments:

Post a Comment