Wednesday, August 24, 2016

God Shed His Grace on Thee


This week was so amazing!!!

One of my favorite things that happened this week was I was able to receive a blessing. I don't know why, but asking for blessings is something that has been hard for me. I have thought in the past that me asking for a blessing must mean that something is "wrong". If you have thought this, or have felt prompted to receive a blessing-PLEASE DO IT!!! I testify that men here on Earth hold the power and authority to speak in God's name and His behalf. I know that blessings brings so much comfort, because they always do for me-and they help remind me how much God loves me. I know He loves you too and has a specific role for you to play while you are here on Earth. I know receiving a blessing will remind you of His perfect love for you!

We traveled to St. Ignas this week and had district meeting across the bay from Macinac Island. It was so cool to see the Grand Hotel! I can't wait to come back here and actually be able to go to the Island! I also tried the worlds hottest pepper- the Carolina Reeper. It was insanely hot, but I just HAD to try it! I literally had the smallest bit possible (like the size of a mini chocolate chip) When else am I going to eat one of those suckers?! I wouldn't recommend it as some elders threw up after eating a whole one. So I'm grateful that I have gotten much better at eating hot food since being out. So funny!!

Are you from Nashville? Because you are the only 10 I See!! It seems like the entire city of Petoskey is moving to Nashville. I have met SO many people who are moving there or are going to be visiting there!!! Isn't that so cool!!! What if I taught someone that Hunter baptizes!?!?! Every time someone says they have a connection with Nashville, I freak out....and I somehow end up telling them all about Huntie. We were having a particularly long day, and as we were trying to put on a smiling face, we met Mike. He was riding his horse and while the horse's baby walked by them. On top of the baby horse was a stuffed Woody from Toy Story. Mike is from Nashville, and was out "walking his horse". I busted up laughing and said "Thank you Heavenly Father for the remembering Hunter and me" It was exactly what I needed! I laughed about it all day long. And as I have thought about it, God has never forgotten me. He has put just the right people in the exact moment I need them. I'm so grateful to know He loves me. 

Even though it is July, I have been is sweaters all week long-IT'S PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is exactly what I prayed for when I was waiting to receive my call! It's in the 70's in the day, and in the 60's in the evening. I AM LOVING IT HERE!!! And because I am loving it so much, it will be quite difficult to leave this place. 

Another highlight of the week was Jessica bearing her testimony to us about how much the gospel has changed her life. She was confirmed the newest member of the Petoskey branch yesterday, and it was a moment I will remember for the rest of my life. She told me how much comfort she feels knowing that when she dies, she will be with her Heavenly Father and her grandma again.  (We did family history with her for a little bit, and she already has 9 generations on family search!) I SO badly hope I'll be able to go to the temple with her and Mary when Mary gets back. 
      Missionaries definitely have moments when we ask if we are actually making a difference, or if it's worth it. But like Elder Holland says, "Yes it is worth it. Because without it...we would leave our nation and our lives desolate". This was one of those moments that will forever help me know that pushing through hard things are WORTH IT!!!! 

Another highlight was that Patrick went to church in Alpena (On the other side of the state) while he was on a camping trip! We talked about drinking (which he really isn't much of a drinker, but does drink when he is with his family who drinks). He hasn't had any alcohol yet while out of town! We asked him why he should follow the Word of Wisdom, and he said "I really want to know what is true. If I want to know if it is the Mormon way, then I better start acting like a Mormon". Sweet! It was so exciting to get a call from the Elders in Alpena to tell us how solid he is! We are hoping he'll be baptized in the next few weeks. 

Overall, being a missionary is one of the most tiring and rewarding things that anyone could go through. I am blessed to be here, and am grateful for the wonderful people around me. I know Christ lives!

Have 4th of July!!! Love you all! 
XOXO
Sister Ensign 

No comments:

Post a Comment